Sunday, September 12, 2010

Darlo, how I love thee

I've been listening to Alain de Botton podcasts about Heathrow and The Joys and Sorrows of Work. That man does something to me, in the way I see the world: he helps me see it with more charming detail than usual.
So. I arrived home in the early evening last night and made a trip to the washing line.
A torchlight was playing in next door's yard, wielded by their little girl who was sitting on top of her cubby, which sits quite high - like a second storey on a house.
I yoo-hooed at her and she yoo-hooed back. We talked about the fingernail moon (which it turned out we'd both been admiring) and I told her I loved to see her sitting on top of her cubby in the dark. She's been back there today and that's been the first time for some months.
The King of Darlinghurst wasn't that keen on the torchlight last night, but all in all, it was like being in Cloudstreet.
Heavenly.
http://www.888dag.com/

No comments: