Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tim Minchin rocks the casbah

Wowie and ooh la la.
I saw Tim Minchin last night at the State Theatre. I simply adore him (if one can adore someone without knowing them) and had never seen him live.
First I saw him on Enough Rope and Spicks & Specks and then caught the doco about him (Rock n Roll Nerd). One time on Spicks he spotted a silly joke in grammar or punctuation that had amused me too. Then I became intrigued by him (in a good and not stalkery way). Indeed I was captivated.
He is an amazing lyricist and such an original performer: erudite, witty, naughty and alluring to boot!
In this funny and fickle old town of Sydney, it's great to be part of a standing ovation for such a unique creature: a kind of Leunig for the stage.
If Tim Minchin did a project with Alain de Botton, that would be my idea of perfection.

http://www.888dag.com/

No comments: