Monday, May 25, 2009

It's all about the Swedes

I've been absolutely laughing my head off about the career counsellor with the predilection for root vegetables in The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work. I laughed until I nearly choked (well I was lying in bed at the time) at the following reference:
"The couple were admirably fond of some of the less popular vegetables in the English repertoire, for at most times of the day - even in the early morning - the place smelt powerfully of freshly boiled cabbage or swede."
I can't tell you why, but there are several references to the counsellor and his wife's culinary love and these observations made me extremely giggly. I guess they're interspersed between serious career moments and that's just how it is with vegetables.
When I laugh in bed, the King gets tossed around, but he seems to be made of sturdy stuff and copes fairly well with the quiltquake.

http://www.888dag.com/

No comments: